Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Reason To Read Again!!

It finally came!

My copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard finally arrived tuhday and I haven't been this excited to read since last year's Deathly Hallows, and I must say it's a nice feeling to have again.


But look at it!! It's M-A-ZING!!!


The Amazon-exclusive definitely fits my collector instincts since it's just so nice to behold! It comes with prints, a very fuzzy bag, the cover (obviously shown) is simply amazing with it's awesomely-replicated glory, and it has notes by Dumbledore himself, all in a textbook case! *nerdgasm*


I haven't read it yet, but I plan to once I've gotten over my fear of leaving smudges or dirt on the small storybook. I'm so glad Amazon was gracious enough to buy one of the original copies so that I could bask in it's replicated being.


Moar pics in mah Photobucket slideshow: http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee6/Gaz_KnightofNylrac/The%20Tales%20of%20Beedle%20the%20Bard/?albumview=slideshow


-----


Before my literary excitement overtook me, I finished Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories Tuesday and came back impressed and content that I now own the main trilogy of the series on the PS2. The Theater option was very much appreciated for story-purposes, which is a driving reason why I love the series along with the Disney nostalgia. I found a few hiccups in the game while playing on my 80 gig PS3, such as minor in-game cutscene bugs that feature characters getting stuck behind others, effecting their placement altering their animations in a scene, having their speech bubbles represent an invisible character, and some quick scanning and panning shots having characters suddenly drop through the floor only to drop from the sky in place again, but those I could live with.

What discouraged me was that I couldn't get past the initial tutorial battle. The game is describing how to pick up your friends and asks you to go pick up Donald when his card falls into the field, yet during the explination they automatically give you Donald, then when it gives you control of Sora you have no card to pick up, effectively stopping your progress through the game. Luckily, there were savvy players who created save files that pick up right after that tutorial battle which were easily transferrable from a download using a memory stick, so I have Normal and Proud data ready for new playthroughs for Sora's Story. So there's no worries and it was a fun game.


Oh, and Sora's Story on Proud?


Hard as hell.


I haven't been that frustrated at a game - particularly a Kingdom Hearts game - to the point of yelling since the original Kingdom Hearts on Expert, which was pretty darn hard. KH2 was a breeze, even on Proud. Okay, done with the game-rant. That's what dA is used for, haha.


Hope everyone's enjoying the Holiday Cheer!

No comments: